Sunday, July 20, 2014

With Sisters Calvancanti and Moscoso

July 14, 2014

Oiiii familia!

So glad to hear from all of you.  Sorry this letter is coming in a bit late . . . we went to a huge park in Sao Paulo (it’s like the central park of Brazil) with our zone and it was so great!  It was called Parque Ibirapuera and we even rode bikes.  

Anyways, I don’t have tons of time so this will be a bit short.  This week was great again! Every week is wonderful when we are missionaries.  We had permission to watch the Brasil and Germany game which was pretty devastating but I loved how passionate the Brasilians were about soccer.  The culture here is so beautiful.  I am really loving it!  I also ate my first true Brasilian churrasco (barbecue) before the final game.  It was a week of landmarks.  The World Cup is over which is a bit sad but I have to admit I am happy because at times it was a bit of a hindrance to the work.  

We still have some wonderful investigators on date.  I have a rock solid testimony right now that the gospel is absolutely true because of the opposition we face.  It was a bit of a difficult week for the people we are teaching--all of them are facing challenges, but I am certain it will all work out how Heavenly Father wants it to.  Nevertheless, we are still seeing Heavenly Father’s hand in the work every single day and the tender mercies of the Lord testify to me this gospel is so true.  

For example, the other day, Sister Moscoso and I were in a bit of trouble because we were lost on the street and we lost our map as well.  Anyways, we were trying to figure out what we should do when a member from another ward came and approached us and looked up directions on her phone for us. What a huge miracle that was!  It was so beautiful to see that Heavenly Father answered our silent, fervent prayer. 

This week we will be fasting and praying and doing everything we can to help our investigators be baptized this Sunday.  Please pray for us and them!  

LOVE you ALL!!

Sister Dixon

No comments:

Post a Comment