Sunday, March 30, 2014



March 24, 2014

Alma 29:  9-10
I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it.  I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.
And behold, when I see many of my brethren truly penitent, and coming to the Lord their God, then is my soul filled with joy; then do I remember what the Lord has done for me, yea, even that he hath heard my prayer; yea, then do I remember his merciful arm which he extended towards me.

This is exactly how I feel today.  As this transfer comes to a close and a new one begins, Sister Smith and I have been reflecting on the amazing miracles we have witnessed.  Seriously, though, we have been SO ridiculously blessed.  We decided the theme of this past transfer was the song "I Stand All Amazed."  We would sing it as we were out finding and such and whenever a miracle would happen--we always made sure to emphasize the line "confused at the grace that so fully He proffers me."  That's how we feel.  Confused. Or undeserving, rather.  We are imperfect and weak vessels, but as the Spirit of the Lord works through us, we get to take part in miracles.  THIS is my joy.
We had a wonderful week.  We were so blessed with new investigators who are absolutely amazing.  Here are some direct quotes from two of our newest investigators, Darnae and Sean.
To Darnae:  "Will you follow the example of Jesus Christ by being baptized?"  Darnae: "Yes.  I grew up in the Catholic church and watched people getting baptized, and I always wondered when it would be my turn."
To Sean:  "What are you expecting to learn about as a result of meeting with us?"  Sean: "I don't really know, but I don't know a ton about the Mormon church and I want to learn more. I know churches these days don't really teach what Christ taught when he was on the earth, though.  And that people changed the things he taught to fit with their standards."
If your jaw isn't dropping, then it should be.  It was truly amazing.  I felt like I was a missionary in “The District” videos!  People are being prepared by Heavenly Father, and when we find them and teach them, miracles occur!
Sister Smith is being transferred, which I am really sad about.  I have learned so much from her during the time we spent together.  She is leaving later today and I am picking up my new companion, Sister Hyde, tomorrow.  The assistants couldn't figure out who I could be companions with so instead I get to ride the transfer van all day today and then I get to be companions in the office with Sister Gardner while we wait for Sister Hyde to come.  It should be an interesting few days!  
Heavenly Father is amazing.  All He asks of us is to remember Him and keep His commandments.  It's the little things we do that truly make a world of difference.  I love my mission so much.  I love the people we get to meet and the adventures we get to have. I love that my relationship with my Savior is increasing.  This Church is so true.  Everything is just so great!                                                                                           
Side note:  Sister Smith and I went to dinner at the Hansen's house last night before she left.  They are the cute family that lives next door to us with the redheaded daughters. Brother Hansen was saying we have been such a good example to his daughters and he said, "If I was your parents, I would be so proud of you. If your parents aren't proud of you, then they should be medicated."  
And another funny thing:  Hu Wen Qi came for a lesson yesterday and as soon as he walked in he just said, "Sisters, I did something dangerous today."  We were like uhhhh...ok??  He then proceeded to show us the new car in the parking lot he had bought the day before and driven over to the institute for the lesson.  It was really nice!  But the dangerous thing was he drove it over sans license plate, insurance, or driver's license.  Whoops--looks like we need to re-teach obey and honor the law!
I love you all and have a great week!
Sister Dixon

No comments:

Post a Comment