Sunday, October 13, 2013

It doesn't matter where you serve, it matters HOW you serve!

Farewell MSU!

October 7, 2013

Hi family!

Thanks for the wonderful e-mail!  I did indeed get transferred.  I leave tomorrow morning for my new area at 6:40 am...but it's like a 10-minute drive haha so not too crazy.  I am now serving in the Williamston ward with Sister Anson and Sister Kaegi.  Sister Smith used to serve in Williamston and loved it so I am really excited!  Sister Anson is also from Colorado--I think Firestone?  We will be co-training Sister Kaegi.  She is on her second half of training and is already amazing--I think she will be training me.  I got to go on exchanges with her last transfer and I was blown away so it will be fun.  Plus she is a visa waiter too!  We will get to have language study together which will be otimo!  She was in the same MTC district as Brianna Vail.  Small world:-)

The ward boundaries of Williamston just changed so the ward is a ton smaller than it used to be.  I think it will be a really great opportunity to know the members really well and get them involved in the work.  I am going to miss MSU SO much but I am excited for the opportunity to learn and grow.  I know it's where God needs me.  I never would have guessed I would be here for at least 4 transfers but it feels right!  I love Michigan so much!

The highlight of this week was definitely General Conference.  We had some investigators and recent converts come and it was amazing.  The talks answered my questions as well as their questions and it was such a revelatory experience for all.  We got to watch it together in the institute and it was fun!  I loved being there with the people I have grown to love and getting to spend time together before I have to leave.  It was the best conference I have ever experienced.  Can you believe it's already been a year since they made the announcement?  Boy has my life changed a ton!  I am grateful  for the opportunity to be here and to be surrounded by many amazing people.  I love this gospel so much.  

Love,

Sister Dixon
1862 Hamilton Rd. Apt. E6
Okemos, MI 48864

No comments:

Post a Comment